The Pew Research Centre has issued its latest overview of demographic trends in the United States as analysed over the last year. Their headlines:
- Millennials are the largest adult generation in the United States, but they are starting to share the spotlight with Generation Z;
- Hispanics are projected to be the largest racial or ethnic minority group in the U.S. electorate when voters cast their ballots next year;
- The American family continues to change.;
- The immigrant share of the U.S. population is approaching a record high but remains below that of many other countries.
- The U.S. unauthorized immigrant population is at its lowest level in more than a decade.
- Incomes are rising in the U.S., but the increase is not being felt equally by all Americans.