Dr. George Goostrey built the block 1120-1126 Commercial Drive in 1908. It was a two storey building, with two storefronts and apartments above. He and his wife Edith lived in the apartments from 1908 to 1916, and they had a live-in domestic at the time of the census in 1911.
By 1919, the Goostreys have purchased 1636 Napier Street. Dr. Goostrey had his practice there, and they were living there, with daughters Winpetta, Virma, Edith, Mildred & Kate, at the time of the report above.
All previous Grandview 1920 clippings