Today is the 10th anniversary of the last time welfare rates in British Columbia were raised.
- Ten years in which the housing market (including low-end rents) and hydro and medical costs have exploded.
- Ten years in which our brave MLAs have increased their own salaries hand over fist.
- Ten years in which our Beloved Leader has paid herself hundreds of thousands of dollars even more than her already-huge official salary.
- Ten years in which ferry and bus fares have doubled and tripled.
- Ten years in which cronies of the BC Liberals have made billions and billions of dollars of profits.
- Ten years in which our education system has been stripped to help the rich pamper their kids in private schools.
Ten years in which as a deliberate policy the poorest amongst us got nothing.
Let us all remember that on May 9th.