This week’s Courier includes the results of a reader survey on “the best of” Vancouver. There were quite a few winners on the Drive. Most of the categories were voted on as “east”, “west” and “downtown”; so, except for the first, all the winners below are for “Best Eastside…”
- Italian Day won best Festival city-wide;
- Fratelli’s — Best Bakery;
- St. Augustine’s — Best Pub/bar;
- Vera’s — Best Burger;
- Charlatan — Best Cocktail Bar;
- Saloniki — Best Greek;
- Sula — Best Indian;
- Havana — Best Patio;
- Bandidas Taqueria — Best Working Lunch;
- Dream Cycle — Best Bike Shop;
- Catz Lair — Best Hair Salon;
- Donald’s — Best Produce Store.
Congratulations to them all.
For what it is worth, I agree with the Bakery, Greek, and Patio awards (so long as I could sit in Havana’s patio eating Fet’s food). The others, for my taste, are as follows:
- The Dime — Best Pub/Bar;
- Cannibal — Best Burger;
- Fet’s — Best Working Lunch;
- Tino’s — Best Hair (salon);
- Santa Barbara — Best Produce Store
I suspect I would really like Sula but I haven’t tried it yet. And I don’t have a bike, so ….