What a great weekend for sports this weekend:
- First thing in the morning, there will be Stage 6 of the Paris-Nice Classic. Bradley Wiggins is making a wonderful start to a season in which he hopes — expects — to be on the Tour de France podium in July.
- Pretty soon after that finishes, Wales plays Italy in Rugby Union’s Six Nations tournament. Wales has already won the Triple Crown and I fully anticipate them taking the Grand Slam this year.
- In the evening the Vancouver Canucks comes onto the ice to thrash the Montreal Canadiens.
- Saturday night closes with the first day of the Spring Basho — that’s sumo, you know. If Baruto from Estonia wins the tournament we will likely have the first European yokozuna in the history of this very ancient sport. I’ll be cheering for the Japanese rikishi Kisenasato.
- Finally, on Sunday morning, England plays France in the Six Nations.
Cycling, rugby, sumo and hockey — sometimes I just get lucky!